Affectionally known by locals as ‘ The Gateway’, Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway is so much more than just another hotel in a pretty Victorian country town. Earlier this Month at the Choice International Convention in Las Vegas Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway was awarded the International Best of Choice Award for 2022.
“It is an honour to be recognised for our customer service excellence and commitment to continuous improvement. This accolade is a credit to all of our team, some of whom have been with us since we purchased the Gateway and first called Wangaratta home some 29 years ago! We were thrilled to represent the Asia-Pac region at the Choice International Convention in Las Vegas earlier this month and bring home the big award to share with our extended Gateway family.” Said Wendy Lester, the General Manager at Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway.
Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway is a place there guest describe as a ‘home away from home’ – where the staff deliver above and beyond, and the stay is exceptional.
The award-winning AAA rated 4.5 star property is located in the heart of the Wangaratta central business district offering accommodation, conference, event and dining experiences.
Situated just off the Hume Freeway between Melbourne and Sydney, Wangaratta is positioned perfectly to capture the regional touring market exploring Victoria’s High Country.
Built in 1988, the property was acquired by the family-owned Jones Hotel Group in 1993 and renamed Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway under the Choice Hotels Asia Pac banner.
The business proposition has evolved over the last 29 years under the guidance of on-site managers and company directors Peter and Wendy Lester and currently employs 72 local people.
Some other recent awards:
– Gold 2022 Victorian Tourism Awards ‘Deluxe Accommodation’
– Finalist 2022 Australian Tourism Awards ‘Deluxe Accommodation’
– Winner 2021 TAA Victoria AAoA State Awards for Excellence ‘Regional Hotel Restaurant of the Year’
– Winner 2021 and 2022 TAA Victoria AAoA State Awards for Excellence ‘Regional Accommodation of the Year’
Significant recent onsite initiatives and upgrades:
– E-bike hire available for in-house guests
– Revitalised and upgraded hotel pool and outdoor alfresco dining area
– Created two beautifully renovated accessible rooms to cater for travellers with access needs
– Installed in-room Business IQ Technology offering live HD, on demand casting, 1000+ movies and 100+ channels access
The official media release from choice
Don’t forget to check their profile out on our website