Regional Victoria Business Events Scholarship
In partnership with the Victorian State Government, Business Events Victoria is pleased to announce its inaugural Regional Victoria Business Events Scholarship, to support employees working in the business events industry in regional Victoria.
The Regional Victoria Business Events Scholarship will provide the opportunity for six event professionals in regional Victoria to complete the Diploma of Event Management (SIT50316) delivered by Meetings & Events Australia (MEA).
MEA’s Diploma of Event Management (SIT50316) course has been developed by industry experts to educate and upskill those wishing to gain foundational knowledge and practical experience in the Australia events industry.
Access the advice and insight of experts through a practical learning experience. The course is available online, providing flexibility in learning for students across Australia seeking to further their career in Event Management.
- Consists of 20 units of competency, with electives that have been identified by the industry as essential skills required to deliver successful events
- Is designed to support those who are already working in events, with flexibility to study around their work commitments. Supported by qualified trainers who will guide and assist students to complete the course
- Assessments are completed through an online platform or interview/ role-play activities and can be completed remotely or in face-to-face environments
- Assessments are focused around each students major project. Students may choose a major project that is relevant to their own workplace or community, or they may opt to cover the MEA major project that is provided
Click Here for the full Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
To apply for one of the six Scholarships available please complete the Scholarship Application Form and return to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 17 June 2022.
The application process conducted by Business Events Victoria will include:
- a panel evaluation of applications using a scoring mechanism
- shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a panel interview
Successful scholarship recipients will be asked to confirm their acceptance in writing within 7 days of being notified.
Applications are accepted only from those who meet the eligibility criteria noted below.
To be eligible for the Scholarship applicants must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have 1 year’s (FTE) experience of working in the Events (or tourism or hospitality) industries
- have completed a Certificate III or higher qualification
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be resident in one of the designated regional Victoria LGA’s including Yarra Ranges Shire and Mornington Peninsula Shire.
- at least one participant will be selected from East Gippsland Shire Council and one from the following LGA’s located in Victoria’s High Country – Alpine Shire, Wangaratta Rural City, Towong Shire, Mansfield Shire and Indigo Shire.
Proudly supported by: