New website puts regional event venues at buyers fingertips
Finding the perfect regional venue to host your next business event just got a whole lot easier, with Business Events Victoria launching its new website.
Tourism Victoria’s 2020 strategy and many regional destination management plans highlight business events as an increasingly important avenue for regions to increase visitation and reduce seasonality. They contribute to increased expenditure, help to grow mid-week and low-season capacity, and can encourage re-visitation amongst delegates.
The new website is designed to better showcase the unique attributes and experiences available for business events that are held in regional Victoria and to ensure information can be accessed efficiently and effectively from anywhere.
Key new features of the website include:
- Add venues you are interested in to your Wishlist, then email all these venues your event enquiry at once, saving you time and effort
- Improved search functionality to make finding relevant venues easier
- Download the Business Events Victoria’s Planners Guide flipbook
- View venues special offers on their individual profile pages
- Larger image gallery, so venues can display more photos of various events and setups, a picture says a thousand words!
- Instagram feed of the hashtag #businesseventsvictoria to showcase venues and their latest photos
- Members are responsible for their own listings meaning they are kept up to date with current information
Executive Officer of Business Events Victoria, Chris Porter, said the new website is mobile responsive and contains a range of new features that will help people find the most suitable venues for their event.
“Business Events Victoria’s aim is to grow regional Victoria as a business events destination, and we think the new website and its features will assist in achieving this goal,” Mr Porter said.
“The website is a fantastic resource for the industry and will help venues to better promote their offerings, and buyers to easily access and assess venue information. We have plans to grow and improve the website even further into the future to continue offering benefits to our members and the buying industry,” he said.
Business Events Victoria is celebrating its 20th birthday in 2016.