BUSINESS EVENTS VICTORIA WINS SILVER AT THE VICTORIAN TOURISM AWARDS
Business Events Victoria (BEV) has been recognised as leaders in the state’s tourism industry, taking out silver in the Specialised Tourism Services category in the 2016 RACV Victorian Tourism Awards.
BEV Chair Brendan Maher said the award recognised BEV’s commitment to promoting Victoria’s top business event venues and destinations.
“This is a fantastic honour that recognises all the hard work carried out by the team,” says Mr Maher.
“We strive to promote regional venues and destinations and show off just how incredible and diverse Victoria is. Regional Victoria has everything from world-class wine to ancient rainforests and pristine beaches—there’s so much to explore and it’s a pleasure to work with tourism providers to drive more visitors to these unique areas.”
“The Tourism Awards process is a great initiative for us to continually examine what we are doing and constantly strive to improve our offering and opportunities for members,” he said.
Congratulations also to BEV members whose hard work in the business events and tourism industry has been recognised at this year’s awards:
- Holmesglen at Eildon – Gold – Business Event Venues
- Royal Mail Hotel – Gold – Deluxe Accommodation
- Sovereign Hill – Gold – Major Tourist Attraction
- The Pier Geelong – Silver – Business Event Venues
- Quality Hotel Wangaratta Gateway – Silver – Deluxe Accommodation
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Tourism – Silver – Destination Marketing
- RACV Torquay Resort – Silver – Luxury Accommodation
- Yarra Ranges Tourism – Bronze – Destination Marketing
- Yarra Valley Estate – Bronze – Business Event Venues
- Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine – Finalist – Destination Marketing
- Visit Ballarat – Finalist – Destination Marketing
- Greater Shepparton City Council – Finalist – Local Government Award for Tourism